Thursday, March 8, 2012

Painting: Nostalgia for the Past


This is still life I did about myself for my beginning painting class. I chose objects that reflected my personality and dreams. As a child, I loved Disney movies and they inspired me to fall in love with drawing and pursue it as a career. Video games also inspired me to be imaginative and creative. I added the toys because I can remember playing many hours with that My Little Pony and stuffed horse and creating stories for them. The books are a art history book and book on Medieval Legends. I love art history and middle age lore. I also added the pens, markers, paper, and a sketch book to reflect how these other objects inspired me to become an artist.

 I worked an insane amount of hours on this. But I am pretty proud of it. I think it is my best painting yet. I may go back to it later and rework the "Bambi" logo and the image of Bambi himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment